What is BBG? Here’s Why Everyone is Talking About THIS Workout Plan!





If you are anything like me, you are constantly looking for an easy and fun way lose weight and tone up.  I’ll admit it; I love FOOD! I find myself snacking a ton, eating french fries, and loving coffee with extra cream and sugar. On the flip side, I also like the feeling of being in shape, active, and the general endorphins after a kick-ass workout. So, I always find myself in a conundrum. I want to eat normally (with a few treats here and there) but also tone up. Does this sound familiar?


Last year, I tried Weight Watchers and lost around 27 pounds while on the plan, but I found myself being lazy when it came to working out and challenging myself. The worst part about it was that after I got off Weight Watchers, I immediately gained weight back. Weight Watchers was great, but I felt like I needed to not just eat well, I needed to find a plan that I could ultimately stick with.


After trying and failing at sticking with Weight Watchers for a 2nd and 3rd time, I decided that I needed to try something new.  That’s when I discovered Kayla Itsines' BBG program on Instagram ...(of all places!) I found that so many women like me were trying out her workout plan and seeing amazing results. Thus, I started researching Kayla Itsines… I watched tons of her interviews on YouTube, scoured the web for hours looking at before and after pictures, and even watched some of her workouts in action. I’ll admit it; I was hooked! I found out that Kayla is a personal trainer from Australia, and with the help of her boyfriend, Tobi Pearce, they created this workout and "Sweat With Kayla" app for women to follow all over the world! :)


So, after my vacation in early June, I decided I was going to start the BBG workout!  Weight Watchers costs $19.99/month, and so does downloading the “Sweat With Kayla” app.  I figured if I could spend $20 bucks a month on WW, I should be good with Kayla! When you download the app, you have to fill in your information, goals, and whatnot. It’s very easy to sign up and get started.


Here’s what the BBG program consists of:

  1. 3 Resistance Trainings Per Week - This includes 2 Complete Circuits with 4 exercises each.  You have to complete each circuit twice and try to complete all of the exercises of that circuit as many times as you within 7 minutes. 4 Complete Circuits x 7 Minutes = 28 full minutes of a hard workout! Does that make sense? It is a lot easier when you have the app in front of you!

The exercises consists of plyometrics (jumping) and body weight exercises (such as push-ups and squats).  Here’s an example plan focusing on abs:

Screen Shot 2016-06-21 at 1.03.00 PM.png


  1. 3 LISS Workouts- This is the name for Kaya’s “cardio” component of her plan. LISS is short for Low Intensity Steady State, which, on Kayla's plan, is 40-45 dedicated minutes to either walking, jogging, cycling, going on the elliptical or even yoga. This is my favorite part of the plan! I usually enjoy taking my German shepherd, Ellie, on a long walk on the trail.

  2. 2 Recoveries - This is a nice way to take a load off and enjoy some downtime. I look forward to my rest days, but they are totally needed after 6 days of working out. This also includes a foam rolling workout, but I have yet to give that a try.


Usual Week:
Monday- Resistance - Legs
Tuesday- LISS
Wednesday - Resistance - Arms and Abs
Thursday - LISS
Friday - Resistance - Full Body
Saturday- LISS
Sunday- Rest


Now I may sound like an expert, but I am certainly not.  I am only on my second week of BBG and already am feeling stronger and more energized. I believe the plan changes from week to week, which I am looking forward to. So far, I have found it fun to not exactly know what kind of resistance circuits I am going to do three times a week, and if I am going to conquer the exercises with no problem (which hasn't been the case yet... her workouts are HARD!) 

If you can't tell, I'm sweating..A LOT!

I think that’s what is going to be the best part about looking back on this journey with Kayla - knowing how hard I struggled at the beginning, and seeing a change in easiness the exercises get day by day (and seeing abs poke out would be fun, too).  I am not following her eating plan, just trying to maintain a healthy diet.  

If you have any other questions about the BBG plan, check out Kayla’s website at http://www.kaylaitsines.com! Or if you would like to ask me any questions, feel free in the comments!

-Stephanie Shostok
Guest Blogger/Mavi Bandz Brand Rep
Follow Us! 
Facebook
Instagram
Pinterest


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

4 Ways to Wear Your Mavi Bandz!

Friday Favorites! (June Edition)